I noticed recently that Gopher directories (Type 1) are cutting off
text at a width of 66 characters (74 if you count the Type discriptors).
This seems to be something new and I'm wondering if the settings
could be reverted to whatever it used to be (80? maybe it wasn't
limited at all).
For illustration one can compare gopher directories on SDF.org to
tilde.institute, both which use Gophericus:
I'm not seeing any truncation on Type 0 pages, just the "info"
(Type i) content of gophermap files seems to be affected.
Perhaps there's something I could tweak in my gophermap files;
please let me know if there is.
The last 10 or so users added will have a .kshrc file with the following
prepended to $PATH:
Please change the line to read:
Or conflicts can occur, such as with `man`
Sorry about that. Thanks to ~zce for bringing it to my attention.
I'm not really a mutt fan and was wondering if s-nail could be installed.
It's basically a modernized version of th eold nail/mailx client with
MIME and Maildir support, the latter which is now needed here.
Thanks in advance,
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 07:37:52PM -0400, gbmor wrote:
> The upgrade isn't happening then, this is just so I get an error-free
> image to deploy on a test VM, to test the upgrade to OpenBSD 6.8.
Since 6.8 has baked wireguard implementation any plans of connecting
Btw thanks Kneezle & gbmor for maintaining institute.
Wednesday evening (28 October) at about 23:30 UTC, I'll be shutting down
the server just long enough to image it.
The upgrade isn't happening then, this is just so I get an error-free
image to deploy on a test VM, to test the upgrade to OpenBSD 6.8.
Afterward, I'll let everyone know how it went and, if it went OK,
schedule a time to bring the server down again for the actual upgrade.
I just noticed clang-tools-extra wasn't installed, so I added it.
It provides the following:
There was some downtime due to hetzner, so I decided to rather quickly
do a mock upgrade, then upgraded the main tilde.institute server.
Things have gone well. Let me know if you find anything broken that I
I installed Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, so have fun with that.
OpenBSD 6.7 was released about 3 days ago, so this weekend sometime I'll
do a mock upgrade and, if all goes well, pick a time to bring
tilde.institute down and upgrade it. I'll let you know how it goes and
what time / day the main server will go down.
I got cgit to start doing some basic syntax highlighting. It's also
rendering markdown, plaintext, and manpages as an "about" page for a
Let me know if something's wonky that I didn't catch.