Morning of 3 August 2019, alarms notified me that there was an issue with system name resolution. After
troubleshooting what was going on, we discovered two of our name servers were not responding to queries.
We manually changed the resolvers on the server immediatley, and all started working fine. Subsequently, the
ansible playbooks were updated with the new name servers.
After we began the process of notifier users that the service disruption was over, it was noted our IRC server had
split from the network, due to resolution issues. We reconnected to hub.tilde.chat, and that was resolved.
Total time of the disruption was 53 minutes. We apologize for the disruption, and are working to ensure this
doesn't happen in the future.
New stuff this month? Ya loving Debian Buster yet? Hope so, we upgrade
the OS this month from Stretch to Buster. Had some hiccups, but
generally, it went well, without too much issue.
Also, we���ve gotten $5 in donations this month :) Thank you all for your
support, past and present. Operating costs are the same as they have
While doing some tinkering around, I installed a few static site
generators. Feel free to play around with them, and use them! We also
have some new members, and some folks working on some projects. The wiki
is coming along well, so feel free to contribute your how-tos and such.
So, while the past few weeks have been a bit of work, it���s a small
number of items, individually. So, it seems like not too much has
happened, but its been a busy month.
Hop onto IRC or post in iris if you have any questions, concerns, or